Charged with Racing on the Highway?
Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Attorney
Racing on the highway is not only highly dangerous, but it is also taken
very seriously by law enforcement officials throughout Clark County. Not
only does racing endanger the lives of the other drivers on the road,
but it can also result in extensive property damage should the drivers
lose control of their vehicles.
What are the Penalties for Racing?
Anyone caught racing on the highway could face charges for
speeding, or reckless endangerment. Furthermore, if a driver is ticketed for racing,
demerits points will be assessed to his or her driving record depending
on how fast they were going. For example:
- 1 to 10 mph over the speed limit: 1 point
- 11-20 mph over the speed limit: 2 points
- 21-30 mph over the speed limit: 3 points
- 31-40 mph over the speed limit: 4 points
- 41 mph or more over the speed limit: 5 points
- A driver will face enhanced penalties if any of the following circumstances are true:
The driver was
driving under the influence
- The driver caused an accident that resulted in extensive property damage,
serious injury, or death
- There were minors in the vehicle that was involved in the race
These factors can lead to incarceration in county jail, license suspension,
steep fines, probation, community service, and mandatory participation
at a traffic safety school.
Skilled Traffic Ticket Lawyer Serving Las Vegas & Henderson
It is very important that your racing ticket is handled by a well-practiced
Las Vegas traffic ticket attorney. Although racing may not seem like a serious offense, even a basic racing
violation can result in the loss of your license, fines, and increased
insurance premiums. As an experienced traffic ticket defense lawyer, I
can competently represent you in traffic court and help you fight your
ticket to avoid the consequences of this violation.