Las Vegas Reckless Driving Attorney
Charged with Reckless Driving in Nevada?
If you have been charged with reckless driving in Las Vegas, Henderson, or anywhere else in Clark County, it is crucial that you take your situation seriously. Unlike other types of traffic violations, such as speeding, running a red light, improper lane changes, etc., reckless driving can result in formal criminal charges. If you are formally charged and your case moves to trial, you could be sentenced to a number of criminal penalties upon conviction, including probation, driver's license suspension, community service, and maybe even time in jail. You need to make sure your rights and best interests are protected, and that you have a skilled reckless driving defense lawyer helping you to fight your charges.
Accused of reckless driving in Nevada? Schedule your free consultation.
What is Reckless Driving?
According to Nevada law, a person will have committed the offense of reckless driving if, while driving continuously for at least one mile, he or she does any of the following:
- Commits one or more speeding violations
- Creates an immediate hazard, regardless of its duration, to another vehicle or another person, regardless of whether that person is riding in the driver's vehicle or in another person's vehicle
Commits two or more of the following acts, or commits one of the following
- Failing to obey a traffic control device
- Overtaking and passing another vehicle by driving off the paved portion of the road
- Following another vehicle too closely
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Improper or unsafe driving upon a highway that has marked lanes for traffic
Dedicated Las Vegas Reckless Driving Lawyer
When faced with reckless driving charges, be sure to arm yourself with a strong and aggressive defense. Reckless driving is a misdemeanor offense, which means you could be sentenced to up to six months in jail, $250 to $2,000 in fines, mandatory attendance at a driver safety course, and the suspension or revocation of your license. Do not allow your charges to escalate into a conviction. Please contact me, Las Vegas traffic ticket attorney Chip Siegel, for help. I have more than a decade of defense experience, and will remain steadfast in my commitment to help you overcome your charges at all costs.
If you are interested in scheduling a consultation to discuss your charges, please contact the Law Office of Chip Siegel today!