Driving with a Suspended License
Las Vegas Traffic Law Lawyer
Driver's license suspension is a common consequence for a variety of traffic offenses. When a person drives with a suspended license, they are essentially violating a court order. For this reason, driving with a suspended license can result in more than just a simple traffic ticket. Violating a license suspension is often charged as a crime, and can result in a number of penalties, including up to 30 days in jail and large fines. Furthermore, if you were on probation for another crime and you violated your probation by driving with a suspended license, your probation could be extended or you could be sent to jail. If you are repeatedly found driving with a suspended license, you may lose your right to drive altogether.
Accused of driving with a suspended license? Schedule your free consultation.
A judge may suspend a person's driver's license for a number of offenses, including:
- Driving under the influence
- Racing on the highway
- Reckless driving
- Vehicular homicide
- Causing an accident with serious injury
- Accumulating 12 or more demerit points in a 12-month period
- Sometimes a judge may suspend someone's driver's license for a non-driving related offense, such as:
- Failing to pay child support
- Failure to appear in court
- Failure to pay a ticket or court fine
- Inadequate insurance coverage
- Graffiti or vandalism
- Firearms conviction (juveniles only)
- Possession of alcohol or drugs (juveniles only)
- Truancy from school (juveniles only)
Get Help From an Experienced Las Vegas Traffic Offense Attorney
Are you facing charges for driving on a suspended license? If so, you should strongly consider speaking with an experienced Las Vegas traffic ticket attorney about what can be done to help you fight your charges. Having handled many traffic, DUI, and criminal cases throughout my career, I have seen my fair share of license suspension cases, and am familiar with effective ways to defend people against these types of charges. Should you retain my services, you can trust that I will work hard to protect your best interests and resolve your case in the best possible outcome!
Please contact me, Las Vegas traffic ticket lawyer Chip Siegel, if you are facing suspended license charges in Las Vegas, Henderson, or anywhere else in Clark County!